Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jan 11th, 2012


We survived! 

We survived another patrol AND we survived the holidays.  We're pretty darn amazing! 

So, what's happened between now and the past blog...  I don't even remember what our last blog was about.

I just checked it out, what a great blog that was, by the way, and NOW I remember everything that happened to us since our last post.  So, most noteworthy of all, I found out that I am PREGNANT and we are going to have a baby in late spring of 2012! 

My pregnancy has gone beautifully so far.  As a matter of fact, it went so beautifully in the first couple of months I didn't even guess I was pregnant.  I should have known, though, when all of a sudden I became obsessed with drinking milk, even to the point of drinking boat milk (the boxed milk they have on the Vigorous, not like boats are lactating all of a sudden.).  And tomorrow morning is that big ultrasound where we find out whether it's a girl or a boy!  Super exciting! 

This is a picture of me tonight.  My mom requested an up-to-date picture, so here I am at 19 weeks!
 So, two-ish weeks after we learned this grand news, Skyelr went on a two-month long patrol.  He gets to blog about that himself!


My older sister Lauren and her daughter Molly came out to the east coast to visit me and the Pitt family.  What a great week!  We spent a few days up here in Cape May, and then a few days in Alexandria with Bryan, Jessica, Danny, and baby Wendy.  It was so much fun! 

The kids on the beach in Cape May in their cute pumpkin hats!
The gang at the National Arboretum
Eating at the second Five Guys ever opened!  Ooh, I do love me some Five Guys.

For Thanksgiving I went to visit family in Utah.  I got to see both my family and Skyelr's family, who were in Utah so his mom could get a knee replacement.  


My mom and I at Hotel Utah!
The lights at Temple Square 
Bowling with my mama!  
My parents took me out for pizza and rootbeer at the Pizza Factory.  YUM!
Me and Forrest in Utah visiting with Chad, Jen, and Holland!  Dori and Baird were there, too.



The boat pulled in three days before Christmas.  We celebrated Christmas just the two of us here in Cape May.  We went to church, talked with our families on Google, and had dinner with some of our good friends out here. 

     
Christmas Eve on the beach in Cape May
Skyelr bought me a Snoogle and I LOVE IT!  It's a body pillow especially for the cool and pregnant.













I got Skyelr a picture of his hometown, Heber City, Utah
Us and our Christmas tree!

Skyelr had a good amount of time off for the holidays, and we had New Year's Eve together as well.  I went to bed early, because throwing off my sleep schedule for tradition's sake just wasn't enough motivation.  Skyelr stayed up until past midnight talking with his brother.  That's a pretty good reason, I'd say.  Alas, he's back to his normal in-port schedule and works almost every week day, but we're adjusting splendidly.  As a matter of fact, we're pretty darn happy!

--Jessianne

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute with your pregnant belly! I'm glad you got to spend the holidays with Skyelr!

    ReplyDelete