Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February's end

Phew!  We made it through February!

This month has been hard.  Not having your husband around stinks.  But, things got much better after the first week of him being gone.  "How does she do it?"  you ask.  "How does she manage with a child and no husband for a month at a time?"  I'll tell you:  you get into a routine and stick to it, and you surround yourself with wonderful branch members who love to help you out.  And stay as busy as you can.  I take Tommy to story time at the library twice a week and to the zoo once each week.  And whenever he takes a nap I get to relax and take time for myself.  Even if there's dishes to be done, nap time is Jessianne time.

So tomorrow Tommy and I are flying to Colorado to visit Aunt Lauren and Uncle Turner and their two adorable daughters!  I'm so excited to finally be around family and I'm so proud of myself for making it through February all by myself!  I'm such a big girl!

So Tommy is so close to crawling I can almost taste it.  He's pretty adept at moving around backwards on all fours, he just can't figure out the forwards part yet.  No new teeth since January, but I think his next ones are coming in based on the constantly running nose, the sleepless nights, and the slight increase in grouchiness.  I can't complain, though, because for the most part he's the most charming, happy boy you've ever seen and everyone (myself included) loves him!  He's so darn sweet and cute!  He learned how to wave recently, and he's increased the sounds he makes to include, "nananana" and "papapapa".  He's ready to hang out with some grandparents!  And the night of the Superbowl he figured out how to clap his hands and has had fun doing that ever since!

On Valentine's Day we went on a dinner date together!

And this is his Valentine from mommy--a big ole balloon.  He loves it!
I can't wait to see what the next month brings for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment